Educational Program Highlights
- The special STC room rate of $159/night at the Hilton Palacio del Rio is available for rooms booked before Tuesday, September 16
- STC Golf Tournament at San Antonio TPC will tee off on Sunday, September 28 at 1:00 p.m.
Keynote Address – Back by Popular Acclaim...
An Executive Economic Briefing – Brian Beaulieu, ITR Economics
- Review of short- and long-term U.S. and Global economic forecasts
- How the forecasts will directly impact the synthetic turf industry and STC members
- Suggested Management Objectives for STC members
- Business Cycle Phases that pertain to STC members
- Leading Economic Indicators that STC members should/must watch
- Economic insight on inflation, interest rates, and taxes Time-sensitive current events of public concern and how they are likely to affect the businesses of STC members.
General Session/Educational Program
Critical Science Update: Player Performance and Safety – John Sorochan, PhD, Field Safety Center, University of Tennessee
Polymer Stabilization and Ultraviolet Resistance of Synthetic Turf Fibers – David Dyas, BASF
Crumb Rubber: Recent Air- and Water-Quality Studies and Other Information of Interest – Marke Jennings-Temple, Eng.D., Senior Consultant - Asia-Pacific, Sports Turf Research Institute (STRI), Brisbane, Australia
- What was released from SBR under worst-case laboratory conditions
- The results of in-situ air quality tests at a new and established field
- An update on World-first water quality research
Update and Open Discussion about the Current Options and Actual Practice for the Reclamation, Reuse, and Recycling of Synthetic Turf – Moderator: Davis Lee, InnovaNet Group; Panel
Sports Fields Track
Insured (or so-called third-party) Warranties: The Real Scoop (with Q&A) – Glenn Quackenbush, Scott Danahy Naylon
Impact Testing Toolbox for Synthetic Turf Sports Fields and Playgrounds – Panel: Buzz Splittgerber, BuzzTurf; Mike Gentile, Sports Labs USA
FIH Certification Program for Field Hockey Fields – Alastair Cox, Labosport International and FIH Consultant
Landscape & Recreation Track
Considerations of Potential Uses of Synthetic Grass in Florida Landscapes – Jason Kruse, Assistant Professor, Turfgrass Science, University of Florida
Benefits of Synthetic Grass as an Accessible Playground Surface – Mara Kaplan, Let Kids Play
Exhibitor Showcase & Lunch: Register Now (it's free!)
Tuesday, September 30, 2014 (12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
Please join us on Tuesday, September 30 from noon until 2:30 p.m. at the Hilton Palacio del Rio in San Antonio to meet with our members and view the latest products and services in the synthetic turf industry. Our member exhibitors include synthetic turf manufacturers, testing labs, component suppliers, maintenance equipment manufacturers, and specialty service companies.
Register Now »
Meet Our Exhibitors
|1.||Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc.||Stephanie Zimmerman||Drainage systems|
|2.||Aplix, Inc.||James Bishop||Adhesives and fasteners|
|3.||Armacell, LLC||Chad Andrews||Shock pads and underlayments|
|4.||Bonar Yarns Inc.||Greg Roscoe||Synthetic yarn and fiber|
|5.||Broce Manufacturing||David Krason||Maintenance equipment|
|6.||BuzzTurf, LLC||Buzz Splittgerber||Testing lab|
|7.||Casco Schönox by SIKA||Bo Andersson||Adhesives and fasteners|
|8.||CoverMaster Inc.||Bob Curry||Protective field covers|
|9.||CRM Company, LLC||Barry Takallou||Infill crumb rubber|
|10.||Eco Chemical, Inc.||Zack Wrzeszcz||Field marking and paint|
|11.||Entech Inc.||Neal Frey||Infill crumb rubber|
|12.||Genan Inc.||Jake Alexander||Infill crumb rubber|
|13.||Kromer Co.||Ronn Ponath||Maintenance equipment manufacturer|
|14.||Liberty Tire Recycling LLC||Kyle Eastman||Infill crumb rubber|
|15.||MAPEI Corp.||James Rack||Adhesives and fasteners|
|16.||Permavoid Ltd.||Andy Shuttleworth||Base contractor|
|17.||Pioneer Athletics||Doug Schattinger||Field marking and paint|
|18.||PrecisionJet – TurfBond||Mick Wilson||Logos and field graphics|
|19.||ProFab Technologies, Inc.||Jack Lindsay||Logos and field graphics|
|20.||Recticel/The Soundcoat Company||Jim Mills||Shock pads and underlayments|
|21.||Redexim North America, Inc.||Darren Powers||Maintenance equipment|
|22.||SMG Equipment LLC / SMG Sportplatzmaschinenbau GmbH||Kevin Dorney||Maintenance equipment manufacturer|
|23.||Sports Field Removal, LLC||Amy Bachman||Field removal|
|24.||SportsEdge®||Jimmy Kloczko||Drainage systems|
|25.||Sportsfield Specialties, Inc.||David Moxley||Sports equipment and hardware, maintenance equipment|
|26.||SYNLawn||George Neagle||Synthetic grass – landscape|
|27.||Synthetic Surfaces, Inc.||Norris Legue||Adhesives and fasteners|
|28.||Synthetic Turf Council||Terrie Ward||Trade association for synthetic turf; host|
|29.||Synthetic Turf Drs. LLC||Alonzo Vielma||Synthetic grass – landscape|
|30.||Target Technologies International Inc.||John B. Giraud||Infill|
|31.||ThermaGreen Environmental||Blu Alexander||Shock pads and underlayments|
|32.||The Toro Company||Paula Sliefert||Maintenance equipment manufacturer|
|33.||Trocellen GmbH||Luca Girelli||Shock pads and underlayments|
|34.||Underhill International||Mark Faris||Irrigation|
|35.||Wiedenmann North America||Will Wolverton||Maintenance equipment|
|36.||ZeoFill Inc.||Brian Pierce||Specialty infill|
The STC Exhibitor Showcase event provides an opportunity for members to showcase a product, service, or advancement through the distribution of marketing brochures and face-to-face communication to local athletic directors, parks and municipal officials, builders and installers, architects and engineers, and other field owners and prospects.
Exhibitor tables will be positioned around the perimeter of the luncheon ballroom. Payment must be received to reserve a table. Checks should be made payable to STC. In the event that all tables are reserved, you will be notified and placed on a waiting list. ONE table may be purchased per Member Company. The Exhibitor fee includes a 6’ skirted table, 2 chairs, and a wastebasket. The exhibitor guidelines are as follows:
- There is no pipe and drape to hang signage or banners, except from the table itself.
- Whatever fits on the table is permitted. Pop-up displays on tables are acceptable. Floor models are NOT acceptable.
- There will be no live demonstrations of products or working models, unless they fit on the table.
- Laptop computers and tablets that operate on battery power are allowed.
- Give-away items are permitted by exhibitors only.
- Standard 120V electrical outlets are available in the ballroom. If you require use of an outlet, please bring an extension cord and power strip.
The person and/or company shipping the items should be
clearly identified. Ship all packages to arrive no earlier than Friday, September 26.
The following should be on all shipments to the hotel:
Name of Recipient, Guest
C/O Synthetic Turf Council, Sept. 29 thru Oct. 1
Hilton Palacio Del Rio
200 S Alamo Street
San Antonio, Texas 78205
Monday, September 29 (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.); Tuesday, September 30 (7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.)
- Please pick-up/drop-off your shipments from the UPS
store located inside the hotel on the lobby level.
Tuesday, September30 (4:30 - 6:00 p.m.)
- The hotel will ship the boxes from your exhibitor table as long as it's packed
and clearly labeled. Shipping labels will be available at the STC registration
Questions or special
requests? Please call Rick, Terrie or Melanie at 678-385-6720
or email email@example.com.
STC Golf Tournament at San Antonio TPC
Sunday, September 28, 2014 (tee off at 1:00 p.m.)
Designed by PGA TOUR legend Greg Norman with player consultant Sergio Garcia, the Oaks Course reflects the TOUR's departure from the modern tournament style course (expansive grass areas and spectator mounding) to a more natural look and feel, without sacrificing the fan experience making it very tournament friendly.
- Tee time is Sunday, September 28, 2014 at 1:00 p.m.
- Price to play is $149 per player, which includes green fee, cart fee, range balls, bag gratuity, tournament setup and scoring
- Buses will pick up the golfers at the Hilton Palacio del Rio at 11:00 a.m.
- Club rentals are available for $55 plus sales tax (payable at the pro shop)
- Par-72, 7,435 yard course
- Course contests and prizes will be awarded to the winners
- Dress code includes a shirt with a collar, pants, slacks or bermuda-length shorts, soft spikes or tennis shoes.
Meet Our Golfers
- Rusty Abell, Sports Labs USA
- Trevor Brockie, Accu-Cut/Brockie International Inc.
- Steve Coleman, ProGrass LLC
- Webb Cook, Sprinturf
- Joel Cormier, Viconic Sporting
- Todd DeWolfe, ProGrass LLC
- Joe DiGeronimo, DMA / DiGeronimo-Mikula Associates, LLC
- Kevin Dorney, SMG Equipment LLC
- David Dyas, BASF Corp.
- Mike Green, TenCate Grass N.A.
- Bill Hillstrom, Golf Greens Texas
- Denise Kennedy, DK Enterprises
- Aaron Klotz, ProGrass LLC
- Bruce Lemons, Foresite Design, Inc.
- Jack Lindsay, ProFab Technologies, Inc.
- Mike McManamon, MAPEI Corp.
- David Moxley, Sportsfield Specialties, Inc.
- James Rack, MAPEI Corp.
- Chad Rockefeller, Sportsfield Specialties, Inc.
- Mike Sims, Foresite Design, Inc.
- Paula Sliefert, The Toro Company
- Marty Staten, Americhem
- Robert Thomas, ProGrass LLC
- Allen Waterman, APW Enterprises, LLC
- Mark Weightman, ProGrass LLC
- Mick Wilson, PrecisionJet – TurfBond
- Terrie Ward, Synthetic Turf Council
The STC Gratefully Acknowledges its Sponsors
Learn more about the STC sponsorship program.
Hotel & Travel Information
Hilton Palacio del Rio
The special STC room rate of $159 at the Hilton Palacio del Rio is available for rooms booked from September 24 through October 4. You should book your room early, but no later than Tuesday, September 16. After this date, rooms are on a ‘space available’ basis at a higher rate. The hotel requires a list of attendees and exhibitors on this date.
Make a reservation online or call 1-800-HILTONS, and refer to the Synthetic Turf Council room block.
There are a variety of ground transportation options between San Antonio International and the Hilton Palacio del Rio:
Explore San Antonio from Hilton Palacio del Rio, and enjoy the hotel's contemporary hacienda-style setting. Spectacularly situated on the banks of the river, this San Antonio hotel offers the perfect city center location. Enjoy alfresco dining on San Antonio's River Walk at The River's Edge Café and Patio Bar. Watch your favorite sports game at Tex's Riverwalk Sports Bar, or sip an evening drink at the Ricon Alegre Lobby Bar before enjoying all-you-can-eat peanuts and nightly sing-a-longs at Durty Nelly’s Irish Pub.
Airport Shuttle is San Antonio International Airport's authorized and
single shared- ride shuttle service. Shuttles depart from 7 a.m. to 1:30
a.m. daily to downtown hotels every 15 minutes. Passengers may purchase
tickets at the airport's baggage claim area. The shuttle fare is $21
cabs are available at the lower level curbside, outside of baggage
claim, at Terminal A & B. Average cab fare is $30 (flat rate).
- For a list of authorizes and permitted limousine service providers, click here